New York Comedy Festival @ Paley Center
Oh Hello: Kroll Show
Saturday, November 9, 2013
Moderator: Seth Meyers
Chameleonic comic actor Nick Kroll’s Kroll Show, airing on Comedy Central, is a delightfully savage takedown of contemporary television and celebrity culture, mounting pitch-perfect parodies of brainless reality programming and razor-sharp sketches populated by a gallery of lovingly rendered grotesqueries, including Bobby Bottleservice and Dr. Armand…characters who are as painfully funny as they are disturbingly familiar in our dark lapsarian age.
The Paley Center for Media and the New York Comedy Festival welcome Kroll Show executive producers and writers Kroll, John Levenstein, and Jonathan Krisel (who also directs the episodes) to discuss the production of the technically dazzling parodies, the process of breathing life into such tragic souls as Ref Jeff, and the perils of ice dating.
Join us for the panel discussion plus the premiere of two season-two episodes.
In association with The New York Comedy Festival
Other Events in the Series
- Bunker Roy: A Screening and Conversation
- She’s Making Media: Kerry Washington
- She’s Making Media: Renée Fleming
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold
- The Truth Is Here: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson on The X-Files
- "Come Fly With Me": Sammy Cahn on TV, a Centennial Celebration
- Docu-Jam Fall Showcase 2013
- The Beatles Meet America: An Evening with Beatles Historian Mark Lewisohn
- Dirty Wars
- An Evening with David Cross
- This Changes Everything: James Ellroy and Thomas Mallon on the Assassination of JFK
- Paley DocPitch Competition
- Digitally Remastered Doctor Who Screenings in NY: Terror of the Zygons
Become a Member
Take advantage of advance ticket sales and discounts.