Event: Star Trek Smackdown
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
John Joseph Adams, Editor of forthcoming anthology Federations and anthologies Wastelands: Stories of the Apocalypse, Seeds of Change, and The Living Dead
Alan Kistler, comic book historian and online journalist, MTV.com and ComicMix.com
Matt Mitovich, Senior Editor, TVGuide.com
Bones Rodriguez, Author, Captain Kirk's Guide to Women
Moderated by David Bushman, Curator, Television
Additional panelists to be announced.
O Captain! My Captain! Who's the greatest leader in the history of science fiction on television? We're pitting Captain James T. Kirk of Star Trek against your choices, based on the results of our Star Trek Smackdown poll. We're beaming aboard a panel of sci-fi experts to debate the pros and cons of all the leading contenders, but we also want to hear what YOU think, so set your coordinates for the Paley Center and come join the debate.
Bring your tricorders to help you answer some trivia questions to win some Star Trek DVDs! Costumes welcome!
Bonus: Come early to watch a screening of a newly remastered version of "The Cage," the original series pilot, on the big screen! (beginning shortly after 5:00 pm)
Other Events in the Series
- Bravo's NYC Prep
- NBC Opera: Suor Angelica
- Kenneth Branagh as Inspector Kurt Wallander
- Religion, Media, and Culture: The Dalai Lama
- PBS Great Performances: In the Heights: Chasing Broadway Dreams
- Preview Screening: Ugly Betty Is Back!
- The Musicals of Lerner and Loewe: An Evening of Song and Television
- "What's Opera, Doc?" Opera, Pop Culture, & Mass Media
- Radio Theater: From Its Roots to the Future
- An Evening with Kristin Chenoweth
- A Ripple of Hope
- An Evening with Cloris Leachman
- FRONTRUNNER: The Afghan Woman Who Surprised the World
- Special Reading by the Classical Theatre of Harlem
- Preview Tickets: West Side Story
- Patricia Arquette: Medium Cool
- The Paley Center Lost Saturday
- American Experience: The Trials of J. Robert Oppenheimer