Inside the Writers Room: True Blood
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Alan Ball and the writing staff of True Blood: Raelle Tucker, Alexander Woo, Nancy Oliver, Brian Buckner, Kate Barnow, and Elisabeth Finch
After pushing the television drama envelope with the funeral home–set Six Feet Under, Alan Ball has taken things a step further with True Blood, a visceral thrill ride exploring the fraught complexities of life among the undead. Ball and his writing team will discuss the creation of HBO’s addictive new series, the metaphorical richness of the vampire myth, and the thinking behind Bill Compton’s fetching bowl cut.
Other Events in the Series
- Inside Parade: The True Story that Inspired the Tony-Winning Musical
- ESPN's 30 for 30: Kings Ransom
- Drop Dead Diva: Season One Finale
- Dawson’s Creek: A Look Back
- Julie Newmar: A Life in Motion
- Current TV’s Max & Jason Present: Media, Technology and Transformation
- Dark Shadows at Twilight: A Paley Center Vampire Weekend in Los Angeles
- Inside Parks and Recreation
- A Salute to the Kennedy Center Honors
- Christmas with the King Family
TV Vampire (s)Takedown
Sink your teeth into our latest poll, and stake your vote on who you think is the greatest TV vampire.
Become a Member
Plan Your LA Visit
Get address, directions, hours of operation, and other information about the Paley Center in Los Angeles to help you plan your visit.