Human Giant Video Contest
Giant Video Contest Official Rules
It's a "Giant" Video Contest, so of course you have to read a GIANT list of official rules!
Your entry into the Contest affirms that you have read the following Official Rules and agree to the terms & conditions of the Submission Agreement.
Human Giant Video Contest CONTINUES...
- – Giant Video Contest Official Rules
Official Rules and Submission Agreement for Giant Video Contest
The Giant Video Contest (the "Contest") is operated by The Paley Center for Media ("Sponsor"). The Contest begins on September 13, 2008 at 12:01:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET), and ends on
October 10, 2008 extended to October 14, 2008 at 5:00:00 p.m. ET (such period, the "Contest Period").
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS: This Official Rules and Submission Agreement (the "Official Rules and Submission Agreement") is made between you and Sponsor. YOU SHOULD READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS OFFICIAL RULES AND SUBMISSION AGREEMENT BEFORE SUBMITTING A VIDEO (AS DEFINED BELOW) TO THE CONTEST. BY SUBMITTING A VIDEO TO THE CONTEST, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE OVER THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN (18) AND YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS OFFICIAL RULES AND SUBMISSION AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS OFFICIAL RULES AND SUBMISSION AGREEMENT, PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE A VIDEO TO THE SPONSOR AND DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST.
2. ELIGIBILITY: THIS IS A SKILL CONTEST. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Contest is open to any current legal resident of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding every national, state, local, or other jurisdiction in which it is prohibited or restricted by any law, statute, regulation, or other appropriate authority, and in particular Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. territories and U.S. military installations located in a foreign country) who is eighteen (18) years of age or older (hereafter "Participant"). Sponsor, Human Giant and their advertising and promotional agencies and all of their respective employees, consultants, representatives and agents, and the immediate family members of and persons domiciled with any such employees and agents, and any judges or other parties involved in any aspect with the creation, production, operation, execution and fulfillment of the Contest, and the immediate families or household members of each are not eligible to participate. Sponsor, Human Giant and their affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, prize providers, officers, employees, and subcontractors do not warrant that this Contest may be entered legally in any particular jurisdiction.
3. ENTERING THE CONTEST:
(a) HOW TO SUBMIT A VIDEO TO THE CONTEST: Each Participant must record a video (the "Video") about giants. The Video can be about any kind of giants - giant lima beans, giant people, giant amoebas, giant headaches, and so on. The Participant may then enter the Contest by:
(1) Uploading his or her Video during the Contest Period to a website on the Internet (the "Video Site"), and ensuring that the Video remains viewable on the Video Site during the remaining portion Contest Period and for at least one (1) month thereafter ; and
(2) Completing (including by providing a link to the Video) the registration form available at: www.paleycenter.org/giant-video-contest-submission-form (collectively with the Video Site, the "Contest Site").
No other means of entry will be accepted. If you do not provide a working link to your Video to Sponsor that works for the remaining portion Contest Period and for at least one (1) month thereafter, it will be deemed an incomplete entry, and not be considered for inclusion in the Contest. Videos must be in English. You may enter the Contest only once. By entering, you acknowledge that Videos may be in the public domain and that no privacy to ideas submitted is guaranteed. Two or more eligible Participants who have co-created a Video may enter the Contest as a team, provided that no team may consist of more than four (4) Participants, and the registration form is completed only once by the leader of the team, and each individual Participant who is a member of the team must be listed on the registration form and must agree to be bound by this Official Rules and Submission Agreement. If a Video submitted by a team is selected as a Winner, one (1) prize shall be awarded to each member of the team. The Sponsors take no responsibility for settling disputes within the team.
(b) REQUIREMENTS FOR VIDEOS: Videos must be uploaded to the Video Site and must be available for Sponsor to access freely (without a password or any other restrictions) during the remaining portion of the Contest Period and for at least one (1) month thereafter. Videos must be less than two (2) minutes in duration.
(c) REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: You represent and warrant that the Video does not and shall not contain any material that, in Sponsor's sole discretion: (i) falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity, without such person or entity's prior written consent; (ii) constitutes personally identifying information or other personal or identifying information about you or any individual; (iii) is false, deceptive, misleading, scandalous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, unlawful, defamatory, libelous, fraudulent, tortious, threatening, harassing, hateful, degrading, intimidating, or racially or ethnically offensive, or contains nudity, pornographic images, explicit sexual themes, or graphic violence; (iv) encourages conduct that could be considered a criminal offense, could give rise to criminal civil liability, or could violate any law, or that could otherwise be considered inappropriate; (v) constitutes a virus, worm, Trojan Horse, easter egg, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, the Contest Site or any hardware, software, or equipment; (vi) constitutes any advertising, promotional material, or other form of solicitation; or (vii) constitutes any material, non-public information about a Sponsor. Any Video that would violate any law or regulation or this Official Rules and Submission Agreement will not be considered. Sponsor retains sole discretion as to what constitutes unsuitable content, and to disqualify the submitting Participant from participation in the Contest. A Video that is submitted in violation of this Official Rules and Submission Agreement; that is received in whole or in part after the end of the Contest Period; or that is incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or damaged, will be discarded and deemed to be VOID.
4. PARTICIPANT'S RIGHTS TO VIDEOS: By submitting your video, you represent and warrant that (i) all information that you provide through the Contest Site in connection with the submission of a Video, including without limitation any registration information, is and will remain true, accurate, and complete; (ii) you have the legal right and authority to enter into this Official Rules and Submission Agreement with Sponsor; (iii) the Video is your original, sole work; (iv) you solely own, or otherwise have the full right and permission to exploit, all of the rights in, to, and under the Video and to grant Sponsor the rights and licenses set forth herein, and with respect to any third party materials that appear in or are otherwise incorporated or embodied in the Video, you have obtained express, written clearances from all owners of and rights holders in such third party materials as necessary to grant Sponsor the rights and licenses set forth herein, and you will provide such clearances to Sponsor upon request; (v) you have obtained the written consent, release, and/or permission of every identifiable individual who appears in the Video, to use such individual's name and likeness for purposes of using and otherwise exploiting the Video in the manner contemplated by this Official Rules and Submission Agreement, or, if any such identifiable individual is under the age of eighteen (18), you have obtained such written consent, release and/or permission from such individual's parent or guardian, and you will provide such consents, releases and/or permissions to Sponsor upon request; (vi) the Video, and the use thereof by Sponsor and Sponsor's respective designees, do not and shall not infringe upon or violate any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, publicity or other intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party; (vii) the Video is not confidential and does not contain any confidential information; and (viii) in creating the Video, preparing the Video for submission, and submitting the Video, you (A) have complied and will comply in all respects with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and (B) have not violated and will not violate any understanding by which you are explicitly or implicitly bound (including without limitation any agreement with any third party). Sponsor reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion (but has no obligation) to verify that all necessary rights, clearances, consents, releases, and/or permissions in or relating to your Video have been obtained. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify you from the Contest, and to refuse or reject your Video, if Sponsor determines at any time, in its sole discretion, that all necessary rights, clearances, consents, releases, and/or permissions have not been obtained by you. You agree to cooperate with Sponsor in any verification or inquiries related to the foregoing. This Section 4 shall survive any expiration or termination of this Official Rules and Submission Agreement.
5. SPONSOR'S RIGHTS TO USE SUBMITTED VIDEOS AND PARTICIPANT'S NAME: All submitted Videos remain the intellectual property of the Participant, subject to the following: By submitting a Video for consideration in the Contest, you irrevocably agree to grant, and actually grant Sponsor and Human Giant a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, unlimited, transferable, assignable, sublicensable, royalty-free right and license to reproduce, publish (on Sponsor's website(s), Human Giant's website(s), on any other website(s), in print, radio, television or elsewhere), display, modify, translate, adapt, rebroadcast, and otherwise use and commercialize the Video in any manner and context (including but not limited to usage in advertising, publications or promotional materials), now known or in the future discovered, in Sponsor's and Human Giant's sole discretion, in any way, in any and all media, without limitation and without any compensation or acknowledgment to you or any third party, whether or not the Video is selected as a Winning Video. As a condition of receiving a Prize, all Potential Winners agree to the license granted above. All Participants further acknowledge that Sponsor is under no obligation to return, post, display or otherwise use your submitted Video. All Participants hereby agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against Sponsor. Human Giant or their partners, affiliates, agents, licensees, prize providers or any other person, on the grounds that any use of the Video, or any derivative work from such Video infringe any of your rights as creator of the Video, including, without limitation, trademark rights, copyrights, publicity rights, privacy rights, and moral rights or "droit moral." Nothing herein shall create or constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between you and Sponsor and/or Human Giant. In no way are you to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of Sponsor and/or Human Giant in any respect, or will you have the power or authority to bind Sponsor and/or Human Giant in any way. Except as otherwise prohibited by law, Participant grants permission to Sponsor and/or Human Giant to use Participant's name and/or company name and city/ state of residence in connection with any use of the Video in any and all media, worldwide in perpetuity without further compensation or consent, including but not limited to possible television, radio or internet interviews. By entering, Participants acknowledge that Videos may be available to the public and that no privacy to ideas submitted is guaranteed. This Section 5 shall survive any expiration or termination of this Official Rules and Submission Agreement.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to save your Video in the original uncompressed format after uploading it to the Video Site. By entering the Contest, you agree that you will provide Sponsor with your Video in its original uncompressed format in order for the Video to be used in future advertising, promotion, or otherwise.
6. ADDITIONAL FORMS: In order to participate in the Contest, you may be required to sign consent forms and/or releases in connection with your entry and Video, and you may be required to provide Sponsor with a copy of your Video in the original uncompressed format. You agree that upon Sponsor's request, you will comply with the foregoing.
7. WINNER, AND PRIZES:
(a) SELECTING THE WINNERS: A panel of judges (the "Panel") will review eligible entries and, based on the criteria set forth in Section 7(b) below (the "Criteria"), will select from the pool of all eligible entrants the top ten (10) entries. These top ten (10) entries will then be passed to a judge designated by Sponsor (the "Judge"), who will select the top five (5) entries as potential winners (such potential winners, the "Potential Winners"). The Potential Winners will be notified on or about December 9, 2008. Without limiting Section 6 above, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, contact each Potential Winners and require such individual (or all such individuals, if the Potential Winner is a team), in order to continue to participate in the Contest, to sign consent forms and/or releases in connection with each such individual's entry and affirm each such individual's agreement to this Official Rules and Submission Agreement. In the event that after a reasonable number of attempts contact with any Potential Winners has not been made, or if any notification is returned as undeliverable, or if any Potential Winner (or any of the team members of a Potential Winner) is unable to comply with this Section 7(a), elects to end his or her participation in the Contest, is unable to participate further in the Contest for any reason, or is, in Sponsor's discretion, deemed to be ineligible to participate further in the Contest for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to replace such Potential Winner with an alternate entrant; provided that such alternate entrant will be subject to the terms and conditions of this Section 7. After all five (5) Potential Winners have been finally determined by Sponsor to be eligible to continue to participate in the Contest (such five (5) Potential Winners, the "Winners"), the Winners will be awarded prizes as set forth in Section 7(c) below.
(b) JUDGING CRITERIA. The Panel and the Judge will judge all entries according to the criteria listed below:
(1) Comedy: Is the Video funny?
(2) Originality: Does the Video use humor in an original fashion? (i.e. not derivative)
(3) Creativity: Does the Video display creative use of videography skills, editing, or other production values?
(4) Quality: Does the Video exhibit high quality and professional workmanship?
(5) Adherence to Theme: Does the Video adhere to the theme?
(c) PRIZES. Subject to compliance with this Official Rules and Submission Agreement, each of the five (5) Winners will be awarded a prize consisting of one of the Paley Center for Media's standard one year "Individual" memberships to the Paley Center for Media, (such prizes, collectively, the "Prizes"). ARV of Each Prize: $70; Total ARV of Prizes: $350 (the total ARV of the prizes may increase if any of the selected Winners consists of a team, in which case, each member of such team will be awarded a prize consisting of one of the Paley Center for Media's standard one year "Individual" memberships to the Paley Center for Media). All taxes (including, without limitation, federal, state, and local taxes) on or in connection with any Prize, and the reporting consequences thereof, are the sole and exclusive responsibility of Winners. The Prizes are nontransferable and non-refundable, and no substitution of any Prize will be permitted. If any Prize is unavailable, a substitute prize of greater or equal value may be awarded. By accepting a Prize, the Winners agree to participate in and/or cooperate with media interviews, public or other promotional events and any other activities related to the Contest as reasonably requested by Sponsor, without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering this Contest, each Participant represents and warrants that he or she is not prohibited from participating in this Contest by any applicable law, statute, regulation, or authority. No responsibility or liability is assumed by Sponsor for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest Site or e-mail address to which Videos can be sent: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled, faulty, incomplete or illegible data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent to or received; difficulties in opening email attachments; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; incorrect or inaccurate capture of Video or other information; inaccessibility of the Contest Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Contest Site; or unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest. Sponsor also is not responsible for any lost, late, incomplete, illegible, damaged or misdirected Contest Videos submitted or any delay, loss or damage by communication systems. Proof of submitting Videos will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation will void all such submissions by such methods. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offering or announcement of prizes, in this Official Rules and Submission Agreement, or in the administration of the Contest, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Contest Site, or any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to Participant's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, or use of or download of any information from the Contest Site. Use of Contest Site is at Participant's own risk.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE CONTEST SITE AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SITE, AND ANY PRIZES OFFERED OR PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND BY SPONSOR, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF USABILITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES; CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR RESTRICTIONS. IN NO EVENT WILL THE CONTEST ENTITIES (AS DEFINED BELOW) BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST OR THE VIDEOS, EVEN IF A CONTEST ENTITY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CONTEST ENTITIES' AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONTEST OR THIS OFFICIAL RULES AND SUBMISSION AGREEMENT (REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED YOUR COSTS (IF ANY) OF ENTERING THE CONTEST.
Sponsor does not make any, and hereby disclaims any and all, representations or warranties of any kind regarding any Prize, including without limitation any representations or warranties concerning fitness for a particular purpose or potential results. All Participants, on behalf of themselves, their executors, employers or companies, heirs and assigns, by submitting a Video and/ or by acceptance of a prize if selected as a Potential Winner, agree to release Sponsor, prize providers, and all officers, employees, agents, affiliates and partners of such entities, from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses of any kind to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, use or misuse of any prize or any actions undertaken using prize, or while preparing for, participating in, or any activity in connection with the Contest or otherwise.
9. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU RELEASE, DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD SPONSOR, HUMAN GIANT AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AND AGENTS, THE MEMBERS OF THE PANEL AND THE JUDGE (COLLECTIVELY, THE "CONTEST ENTITIES") HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, ACTIONS, LOSSES, COSTS, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, JUDGMENTS, SETTLEMENTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES) ("LOSSES") ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM: (A) YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY; (B) ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE; (C) ANY BREACH BY YOU OF ANY COVENANT, REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY SET FORTH IN THIS OFFICIAL RULES AND SUBMISSION AGREEMENT; (D) ANY CLAIM BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY; OR (E) ANY CLAIM THAT YOUR VIDEO OR THE USE THEREOF BY ANY CONTEST ENTITY INFRINGES UPON OR VIOLATES THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OR OTHER RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY OR CAUSED ANY DAMAGE TO A THIRD PARTY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PAST, PRESENT OR FUTURE INFRINGEMENT, MISAPPROPRIATION, LIBEL, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY OR RIGHT OF PUBLICITY OR VIOLATION OF ANY RIGHTS RELATED TO THE FOREGOING).
10. MODIFICATION: Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, postpone, clarify, delay, suspend and/or terminate this Contest in whole or in part in the event that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or as intended by this Official Rules and Submission Agreement by reason of any technical, disabling, human or other causes or events that, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, impair, corrupt or interrupt the administration, fairness, security or integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, including without limitation, fire, flood, natural disaster, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, terrorist threat or activity or insurrection. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion: (a) postpone and/or reschedule and/or modify the Contest, or (b) terminate the Contest in its entirety. In the event of postponement, rescheduling or modification of the Contest, a notice to such effect will be posted online. In the event of termination, a notice to such effect will be posted online and all eligible and salvageable Videos collected prior to the termination shall be included in the Contest for purposes of awarding the prizes (or prizes of substantially similar value), provided that a sufficient number of Videos are received, and Sponsor shall have no further liability to any Participant in connection with the Contest. In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of prizes stated in this Official Rules and Submission Agreement. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Contest or to modify any rules as necessary for any reason or as required by applicable law.
11. DISPUTES: This Contest is governed under the laws of the United States and the State of New York, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Contest, Participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Official Rules and Submission Agreement and/or this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a federal or state court located in the City of New York, having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages (including reasonably attorneys' fees), other than Participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest) and Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Without limitation, Participant agrees that a printed version of this Official Rules and Submission Agreement will be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Official Rules and Submission Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
12. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: All Participants agree to be bound by this Official Rules and Submission Agreement and the decisions of Sponsor whose decisions in all aspects of this Contest shall be final and binding. Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, disqualify a Participant from participating in any aspect of the Contest, if Sponsor deems or suspects that such person has engaged in or has attempted to engage in any of the following: (a) acting in violation of this Official Rules and Submission Agreement, or any terms and conditions relating to use of or access to the Contest Site; or (b) submitting a Video that the Participant has not personally authored (submitting someone else's work); (c) damaging, tampering with or corrupting the operation of the Contest; or (d) acting with intent to annoy, harass or abuse any other person; or (e) any unsportsmanlike, inappropriate, uncooperative, disruptive, fraudulent, potentially fraudulent, or unusual behavior or activity; or (g) activity deemed in the sole discretion of Sponsor and its agents to be generally inconsistent with the intended operation of the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR CORRUPT THE CONTEST SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
14. WINNERS LIST: For information concerning the Winners (available after November 10, 2008), please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Paley Center for Media, Attn. Creative Services, 25 W. 52 Street, New York, New York 10019. Queries must be postmarked no later than February 10, 2009.
15. INTERPRETATION: In the event of any conflict between any information provided on Sponsor's or a third party's web site or provided by any entity other than Sponsor, on the one hand, and this Official Rules and Submission Agreement, on the other hand, this Official Rules and Submission Agreement shall govern.
16. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of this Official Rules and Submission Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such holding will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other term hereof, and this Official Rules and Submission Agreement will be interpreted and construed as if such term, solely to the extent such term will have been held to be invalid or unenforceable, had never been contained herein. In addition, if any provision of this Official Rules and Submission Agreement is for any reason held to be excessively broad as to duration, geographical scope, activity or subject, such provision will be construed by limiting and reducing it so as to be enforceable to the extent compatible with applicable law.
17. ASSIGNMENT: This Official Rules and Submission Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be transferred or assigned by Sponsor without restriction.