Confimed Speakers & Schedule
IC2011 LA Agenda
Day One : Wednesday, Sept. 14
Registration: 1:30 pm, Sessions: 2:00–5:00 pm
Events will be streamed from approximately 2:30-5:15 p.m. PDT.
- 2:00-2:30pm - Opening Reception with Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and welcome remarks by Frank A. Bennack, Jr., Vice Chairman and CEO, Hearst Corporation, and Chairman, The Paley Center for Media, and Pat Mitchell, President and CEO, The Paley Center for Media. Coffee and refreshments will be available.
- 2:30-3:05pm - A conversation with Anne Sweeney, Co-Chair, Disney Media Networks, and President, Disney-ABC Television Group, moderated by Pat Mitchell, President and CEO, The Paley Center for Media.
- 3:10-3:45pm - Beyond Disruption - A Conversation with Industry Experts: Joe Calabrese, Partner and Chair, Entertainment, Sports and Media Practice, O'Melveny & Myers, Gail Becker, Chair, Canada, Latin America and U.S. Western Region, Edelman, and Geoffrey Sands, Director and Head of Global Media, Entertainment, and Information Practice, McKinsey & Company; moderated by Jon Miller, Chief Digital Officer, News Corporation.
- 3:45-4:00pm – Networking Break
- 4:05-4:30pm - A conversation with Jim Berk, CEO, Participant Media, moderated by Pat Mitchell, President and CEO, The Paley Center for Media.
- 4:30-5:15pm - A Keynote Conversation with Barry Diller, Chairman and Senior Executive, IAC moderated by Jason Hirschhorn, CEO, reDEF Group.
- 5:15–7:30pm - Cocktail Party on the Paley Center Rooftop with special guest, Ozomatli
Kick back with some mojitos, margaritas, and delicious tacos on the roof of the Paley Center. DJ Anne Litt of KCRW will be spinning tunes, and three-time Grammy winners Ozomatli will perform a short but lively set at 6pm.
Day Two : Thursday, Sept. 15
Registration & Check-In: 8:30–9:15 am, Sessions: 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Events will be streamed from approximately 9:20 a.m.-5:00 p.m. PDT.
- 8:30-9:15am - Morning welcome by Frank A. Bennack, Jr., Vice Chairman and CEO, Hearst Corporation, and Chairman, The Paley Center for Media.
- 9:25-10:05am - A conversation with Leslie Moonves, CEO, CBS Corporation, moderated by Aryeh Bourkoff, Head of Investment Banking, the Americas, UBS.
-10:10-10:45am - A conversation with Ted Sarandos, Chief Content Officer, Netflix, moderated by Jon Miller, Chief Digital Officer, News Corporation.
-10:50-11:10am – Networking Break
- 11:15-11:50am - Keynote Conversation - Emerging Market: Latin America Part I, with Adriana Cisneros, Vice Chairman and Director of Strategy, Grupo Cisneros, moderated by Pat Mitchell, President and CEO, The Paley Center for Media.
- 11:55–12:40pm - Keynote Conversation - Emerging Market: Latin America Part II, with Juan Luis Cebrian, CEO, Grupo PRISA, Lorea Canales, author and journalist, and Issac Lee, President, Univision News.
-12:45-2:10 pm - Luncheon - Lunch will be served in the Gallery of the Paley Center at 12:45pm. Take some time to wander up to the second floor and see our special exhibit of Debbie Reynolds’s collection of iconic costumes, posters, and props from Academy Award–winning film classics including Gone with the Wind, Show Boat, The Yearling, and Moulin Rouge, as well as garments worn by a glittering array of legendary icons including Marilyn Monroe, Frank Sinatra, Katharine Hepburn, Bette Davis, Carmen Miranda, Doris Day, and many more.
-2:15-2:40pm - The New Global Audience: A Conversation with Industry Experts, with Marcel Fenez, Global Leader, Entertainment and Media Practice, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, and Susan Whiting, Vice Chair, The Nielsen Company; moderated by Pat Mitchell, President and CEO, The Paley Center for Media.
-2:40-3:15pm - Keynote Conversation - Emerging Market: The Middle East, with Tom Freston, Principal, Firefly3 LLC, and Saad Mohseni, Chairman, Moby Media; moderated by Pat Mitchell, President and CEO, The Paley Center for Media.
-3:15-4:15pm - Keynote Conversation - Emerging Market: China, with Victor Koo, Founder and CEO, Youku.com, moderated by Dave Morgan, CEO, Simulmedia.
-7:00-10:00 pm - Dinner at 20th Century Fox
Join us for dinner at 20th Century Fox to celebrate the 18th Paley Center for Media International Council Summit. We are looking forward to cocktails and great food including a raw bar and live entertainment in a lush, outdoor setting. If you haven’t already RSVPd, please let us know if you are able to attend this exciting event! Cocktail attire is requested (with comfortable lawn-appropriate footwear for ladies). Please remember to bring your ID with you as you will need it to enter the Fox Lot. You must enter at the Main Gate (at West Pico and Motor Ave) and you will be directed by the security guard at the Main Gate to our Valet Parking site. Please allow additional 15 minutes for arrival and valet. Directions are available here.
Day Three : Friday, Sept. 16
Registration & Check-In: 8:30–9:00 am, Sessions: 9:00 am–12:30 pm
Events will be streamed from approximately 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. PDT.
- 9:00-9:05am - Morning welcome by Frank A. Bennack, Jr., Vice Chairman and CEO, Hearst Corporation, and Chairman, The Paley Center for Media.
- 9:05-9:35am - A conversation with Peter Chernin, Chairman, The Chernin Group and Chernin Entertainment, moderated by Judy Olian, Dean, Anderson School of Management, UCLA.
- 9:35-10:10am - A conversation with Marissa Mayer, Vice President Location and Local Services, Google, and Lauren Zalaznick, Chairman, Entertainment & Digital Networks and Integrated Media, NBC Universal; moderated by Pat Mitchell, President and CEO, The Paley Center for Media.
-10:10-10:30am - A conversation with Deb Roy, CEO, Bluefin Labs, moderated by Dave Morgan, CEO, Simulmedia.
-10:40-11:30am - Next Big Thing presentation, moderated by Scott Kurnit, CEO, AdKeeper with presentations by:
- The Backplane, Matt Michelsen, CEO
- Joyus, Sukhinder SIngh Cassidy, Cofounder and CEO
- Interlude, Yoni Bloch, Cofounder and CEO
- ViKi, Razmig Hovaghimian, Founder adn CEO
- Gamzee, Howard Marks, CEO
Next Big Thing is an ongoing series within the Media Council at the Paley Center that gives start-ups an opportunity to pitch their product and connects them with venture capitalists.
-11:30 -12:00pm - A conversation with Sheryl Sandberg, COO, Facebook, moderated by Pat Mitchell, President and CEO, The Paley Center for Media.
-12:00pm – Closing Remarks.