The Musicals of Lerner and Loewe: An Evening of Song and Television
Monday, April 27, 2009
Brent Barrett, star of Chicago and Annie Get Your Gun
Jenny Fellner, star of recent Broadway revival of Pal Joey
Liz Robertson, star of London West End revival of My Fair Lady
Mark York, Pianist
And others to be announced
Plus a special appearance by Donna McKechnie, Tony Award–winning star of A Chorus Line, and Leslie Caron, star of Lerner & Loewe’s Academy Award–winning film Gigi
The creative output of lyricist-librettist Alan Jay Lerner and composer Frederick Loewe, who collaborated on some of the best-loved shows in Broadway history (including Brigadoon, My Fair Lady, and Camelot), is examined through rare radio and television clips from the Paley Center archives, live performances by Broadway and cabaret performers, and narration by musical director Aaron Gandy.
To attend a private dinner for this event, join us for PALEYAFTERDARK.
Scheduled participants subject to change.
Other Events in the Series
- Bravo's NYC Prep
- NBC Opera: Suor Angelica
- Event: Star Trek Smackdown
- Kenneth Branagh as Inspector Kurt Wallander
- Religion, Media, and Culture: The Dalai Lama
- PBS Great Performances: In the Heights: Chasing Broadway Dreams
- Preview Screening: Ugly Betty Is Back!
- "What's Opera, Doc?" Opera, Pop Culture, & Mass Media
- Radio Theater: From Its Roots to the Future
- An Evening with Kristin Chenoweth
- A Ripple of Hope
- An Evening with Cloris Leachman
- FRONTRUNNER: The Afghan Woman Who Surprised the World
- Special Reading by the Classical Theatre of Harlem
- Preview Tickets: West Side Story
- Patricia Arquette: Medium Cool
- The Paley Center Lost Saturday
- American Experience: The Trials of J. Robert Oppenheimer