Screenings: More Frank Sinatra Rarities from the Paley Archive
Saturday, July 25, 2015
Saturday and Sunday Only
FREE for Paley Center Members
Only screening in New York; Included with general admission (Visit New York)
No advance ticketing; purchase at the door.
Become a Member! Join us online or contact Membership at 212.621.6780.
"It's up to you, New York": Come and experience the Chairman of the Board as he should be experienced—bigger than life—in rarely seen TV appearances on the Paley Center's movie-size screen. Includes the 1979 unaired Sinatra Amidst the Pyramids. These screenings are in conjunction with our It Was a Very Good Life: A Paley Centennial Salute to Frank Sinatra on Television event on July 24 in New York.
Funding for the event and screenings is provided by
The Blanche & Irving Laurie Foundation
This program is made possible, in part, by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.
July 25 & 26, 2015
The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson
While Carson is on break, Sinatra takes center stage and proves himself an able host as he welcomes guests George Burns, former costar Angie Dickinson, and Carroll O’Connor. In lieu of a monologue, Frank launches the show with his renditions of “Maybe This Time” and “See the Show Again.” (1977; 50 minutes)
Sinatra Amidst the Pyramids
Recorded in Egypt on September 27, 1979, this unaired special opens with a 20/20 segment showing the singer rehearsing in the desert heat and visiting patients at the Hospital of Faith and Hope outside Cairo. The concert portion finds Frank performing in the shadow of the Sphinx such Sinatra standards as “Where or When,” “All the Way,” “My Kind of Town,” and “New York, New York.” (unaired; 85 minutes)
Photo: © Frank Sinatra Enterprises
Other Events in the Series
- Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
- An Evening with the Cast of Veep
- An Evening with Person of Interest
- An Evening with the Cast and Creators of Madam Secretary
- Parts Unknown and Beyond: A Conversation with Anthony Bourdain
- Fact Meets Fiction: A Conversation between Alex Gibney and Beau Willimon
- #TGIT at Paley NY: The Cast of Scandal
- Fire and Ice: A Conversation with Conan O’Brien and Anderson Cooper
- Docu-Jam 2015
- Screenings: Frank Sinatra Rarities from the Paley Archive
- It Was a Very Good Life: A Paley Centennial Salute to Frank Sinatra on Television