Photo and Video Gallery
Rolling Stones: 50
Friday, November 9, 2012
EXTENDED to Sunday, February 3, 2013
25 West 52 Street, NYC
Wednesdays to Sundays only.
Noon to 6:00 pm
(Thursdays until 8:00 pm)
FREE for Paley Center Members; you and a guest may see the gallery at any time -OR- you may reserve 2 tickets in advance.
Included with general admission at the door:
Adults: $10; Students/Senior Citizens: $8; Children (under 14): $5
Not yet a Paley Center Member? Join us now in order to reserve your 2 free tickets in advance.
The Paley Center for Media is thrilled to be part of the fiftieth milestone celebration of The Rolling Stones, who on July 12, 1962, went on stage for the first time at the Marquee Club in London’s Oxford Street and changed music history.
This gallery exhibit—first seen at Somerset House, London, and never before exhibited in the U.S.—includes seventy rare prints including reportage, live concert and studio sessions, and outtakes, giving us an unmatched, front-row look at every period of the band’s history.
To complement the photography exhibition, the Paley Center has curated a video compilation from its wide-ranging music collection, highlighting the Stones’s most impressive appearances over five decades.
Television was essential in galvanizing the legions of the Rolling Stones fans. Because the group is much more than their dynamic music, it was the image of their iconoclastic sensibility and defiant attitude that rocked the first generation of fans and continues to speak to multigenerations since.
Merchandise for this exhibit will be available for purchase at the Paley Center Gift Shop and at rollingstones.com.
This exhibit is made possible by Bravado International Group
Paley Center Highlight Video in the Gallery
The Hollywood Palace
"I Just Want to Make Love to You"
"It’s All Over Now"
The Ed Sullivan Show
"19th Nervous Breakdown"
The Ed Sullivan Show
"Let’s Spend the Night Together"
Rock and Roll Circus
"Jumpin’ Jack Flash"
The Ed Sullivan Show
"Honky Tonk Women"
Saturday Night Live
Music Video for "Harlem Shuffle"
Bridges to Babylon
Super Bowl XL
"Start Me Up"
"(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction"
Not yet a Paley Center Member? Join us now in order to reserve your 2 free tickets for this limited-run exhibit, plus advance, discounted sales for our InsideMedia public programs, Members-Only events, unlimited admission to the Paley Center Media Collection, and much more.
Other Events in the Series
- Doc U: Global Impact – Docs as Tools of Change
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2
- Digitally Remastered Classic Doctor Who Screenings: An Unearthly Child
- The Invisible War
- Songs of America with Art Garfunkel and Charles Grodin
- LEGO Batman: The Movie - DC Superheroes Unite
- Shall We Overcome? Investigation Discovery Explores Civil Rights Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
- She’s Making Media: Julianna Margulies
- Dream of . . . An Evening with Fred Armisen
- DocuDay New York 2013: See the Academy Award–Nominated Docs
- Hey Dummies: An Evening with the 30 Rock Writers
- Words On Dance: Edward Villella
- The Stages of Edward Albee: NY Premiere of the New Documentary
- Digitally Remastered Doctor Who Screenings: The Ark in Space
- She's Making Media: Jody Williams—Activism from Landmines to Killer Robots
- Mad-ness Returns to the Paley Center
- Docu-Jam 2013
- Paley Center & the Peabodys: Finding Excellence in Media
Visit the Paley Center in New York to see Rolling Stones: 50 Photo & Video exhibit, and enter to win one of three prize packages, courtesy of the Rolling Stones. Fill out a ballot when you are here between Wednesday, December 12, 2012, and Sunday, February 3, 2013. One winner will be selected randomly for each prize package.
You must physically be in the Paley Center building at 25 West 52 Street, NY, NY, to enter. No exceptions. • You may fill out a ballot for the giveaway without paying admission and entering the exhibit itself. • One ballot per person, filled out between Wednesday, December 12, 2012, and Sunday, February 3, 2013. • You must fill out your name, address, email address, and phone number for your ballot to be considered. • The random drawings are final.