The Paley Center is open 12:00 to 6:00 pm ET, Wednesdays to Sundays. We are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
The Paley Center is closed on these holidays: New Year's Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
The PaleyGX Studio will close early on:
Saturday, June 3 at 2:30 pm
Sunday, June 4 at 3:00 pm
PaleyGX will also be closed on Saturday, June 10 from 2:30-5:00 pm and on Sunday, June 11 from 2:00-5:00 pm.
There will be no screenings in the Bennack Theater on June 15 and 21.
Address & Phone
25 West 52 Street, New York, NY 10019
212.621.6800 for recorded information on scheduled activities; 212.621.6600 for all other information.
By bus—Southbound on Fifth Avenue, Broadway, and Seventh Avenue; northbound on Madison Avenue and Avenue of the Americas (Sixth Avenue).
By subway—E or M to Fifth Avenue and 53 Street; N, R, or W to 49 Street and Seventh Avenue; 1 to 50 Street and Broadway; B, D, F, or M to 47-50 Street/Rockefeller Center.
See a map of the area
Membership—Enjoy Exclusive Once-in-a-Lifetime Experiences!
Priority RSVP, special VIP access and opportunities to Paley exhibits
Early ticket access with ticket discounts to red-carpet events with the hottest TV stars live and in person
Do you like video games? The PaleyGX Gaming Studio is Always FREE for Individual+ / Family Members and above
FREE for Paley Members (and a Guest)
Paley Admission $20
($16 for Students, Teachers, Seniors, First Responders, Veterans; Free for children under 12.)
Become a Paley Member on the day of your visit for additional perks and benefits, and we will apply the admission cost to your Membership fee!
Guided tours, which include information on the Paley Center's history, collection, and current programs, are offered to the general public as a group tour. Please inquire at the front desk or email GroupVisitsNY@paleycenter.org for details.
For your convenience, all public areas of the Paley Center are wheelchair accessible; assisted listening devices are available at the Front Desk. In addition, the Library has more than 1,000 television programs that are closed captioned. If you have additional needs, please contact Guest Services.
The Paley Center has no lunchroom facilities, and no eating or drinking is allowed on the premises. Recording and photography of the Paley Archive are not permitted in the Paley Center.
Visitor Policy and Procedures
The health and safety of visitors and staff is a top priority. Our visitor safety guidelines continue to change as new rules are announced.
General Admission and Advance Timed-Entry
- Advance purchase of timed-entry tickets is recommended for all tickets including Member tickets, as overall capacity is reduced. However, walk-ups are welcome on a first-come, first-served basis and pending availability.
Health and Safety Requirements for Visitors
- Upon entering The Paley Center for Media, all persons—employees, guests, vendors—must complete the following Self-Screening Wellness Questionnaire to assess the safety of your visit and the health and safety of the Paley Employees and our guests:
- Do you have any symptoms of COVID-19 including fever, cold, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, muscle aches, or fatigue?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 5 days?
- If you answered yes to any of the above questions, and/or are feeling unwell, we ask that you please stay home to protect yourself and others. If any of these apply to a visitor, a refund will be issued for their ticket.
- Face masks are recommended but not required for all guests over the age of 2.
- Where possible, visitors should try to maintain social distancing with others outside of their party.
- For experiences that require touch or shared surfaces, such as video games, we ask that visitors clean their hands first using hand sanitizer stations available nearby.
Health and Safety Measures Taken by the Paley Center
- Hands-free sanitizer stations have been added throughout the facility to encourage proper hand hygiene.
- Physical barriers, e.g. plexiglass screens, have been installed at the admissions desk.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures have been implemented.
- Touchless equipment including faucets, toilets, and soap dispensers have been installed in all of the restrooms.
- All air systems have been improved in order to allow maximum fresh air intake and air changes and filter replacements have increased in frequency.
- The Paley Center has taken the Stay Well NYC pledge. For more information, visit the NYC Stay Well Pledge site.
- WELL Health-Safety Rating: January 2022, The Paley Center for Media has demonstrated commitment to people’s health and safety by achieving the WELL Health-Safety Rating for Facility Operations and Management of NYC.