The Paley Center for Media maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.
Teen Transmitters Application
Director, Digital Growth & Marketing Analytics
Senior Director, Technology
Vice President Development (Fundraising)
Senior Talent Booker
Project Director, Archive
Marketing & Communications · New York, New York
Reporting to the SVP Marketing & Communications, the Director Digital Growth & Marketing Analytics is a high-energy, entrepreneurial, results-driven, highly organized individual who is nimble and thrives in a fast-paced environment. They closely monitor the impact of Paley initiatives and recommend adjustments based on key analytic trends and marketing results.
The Director is highly capable of driving business growth in this digital age demonstrating deep understanding of data analytics to develop, implement, track and trend impactful integrated digital marketing campaigns and promotional initiatives across all consumer touchpoints. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of scaling audience and viewership within entertainment, media or agency environments with a data-informed approach and conversion rate optimization. They are able to recognize and take action on multi-faceted trends in viewer traffic to capitalize on organic reach.
This individual is responsible for the planning and execution of strategic, multi-channel marketing, promotional and sales campaigns that will continue to build awareness and optimize the Paley brand and mission and digital market value, increase viewership of all digital content, increase ticket sales and memberships and drive traffic to paid and public events in New York and Los Angeles.
They will have relationships, experiences and be responsible for securing annual bartered media deals across digital, TV, print, outdoor, radio, audio and other platforms. They will collaborate with internal partners in the programming, development and sponsorship departments to package and leverage these assets.
Results will be measured by digital viewership, social media subscriber growth, ticket sales for live events, memberships and visitor traffic. They will also work with external marketing and content partners and talent on cross-promotions to amplify efforts.
- Define, plan and implement strategic, multi-channel and insight-driven digital marketing, promotional and acquisition campaigns to grow the scale of the audience and brand market value for Paley to build awareness, drive digital viewership, membership, ticket sales revenue and attendance at Paley's public and industry programs and events
- Collaborate cross-functionally to enable and advance our targeting and retargeting capabilities and deliver a more enhanced database of members, prospects and general audience using advanced data analytics and CRM to bridge the relationship between Marketing, Sales and Development.
- Partner with the SVP Marketing and Communications to secure bartered marketing and promotional partnerships with key consumer and industry media outlets (TV, radio, digital, print, outdoor, etc.), cultural institutions, tourist, travel and hospitality organizations, schools and other relevant organizations
- Execute all bartered marketing and promotional partnerships effectively to raise mass awareness of upcoming programs and events
- Manage pro bono agencies to leverage data analytics and develop comprehensive marketing campaigns, content and influencer strategies, and other growth initiatives across digital, TV, radio, print and outdoor
- Collaborate with content partners (i.e., streaming/digital, broadcast, cable) and talent on cross-promotions. Maintain responsibility for Paley's digital growth agenda in building awareness of Paley through relationships with relevant influencers on all platforms
- Create marketing and communications plans that drive membership at all levels which includes our corporate donors, international and media council members and the President's Circle and Patron Circle donors
- Work with and manage agencies to develop a comprehensive advertising campaign and content strategy across bartered digital, TV, radio, print, outdoor, and partner with Communications to help secure PSAs across all platforms
- Partner with Creative Services to direct creative content on all printed and digital communication materials and to create relevant, contemporary brand experiences to attract and retain donors, corporate partners, major gifts, media partners and viewership to ensure continued growth
- Partner with the creation of content and brand style core message development, website, electronic communications, fundraising collateral, sizzle reels, and decks
- Develop and prepare key messaging and presentation materials for senior management. Assist in building consensus, secure proper approvals and communicate strategic marketing initiatives with department heads
- Create and execute marketing strategy campaigns and create growth goals for audience viewership and attendance, social engagement and followers/subscribers and track, measure and report on performance towards the goals on a regular basis.
- Ensure compliance and consistency of brand and creative services in all activities
- Work with sales & sponsorship and development to create decks and materials with data for recap reports. Analyze marketing data to monitor other venue attractions and our guests' experience, proposing changes as needed
- Participate in other projects as assigned by Paley executive team.
- 8+ years of marketing and digital experience within the media and entertainment industries with a proven track record of success maximizing revenue goals and driving viewership through innovative sales and marketing concepts
- Deep understanding and experience with digital marketing analytical tools, automation platforms and technology systems like Microsoft Dynamics 365, Salesforce.com or like CRM systems.
- Highly collaborative, consensus builder who has the ability to be an influencer that drives the business forward and builds trust by valuing others
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to represent Paley with excellence in the C-suite of corporate partners, a prominent outside Board, and with our executives
- Excellent project management skills and client-centered orientation
- Impeccable written and verbal communications skills
- Highly organized with very strong project management skills
- Must have a 4 year degree from an accredited college or university
- Bilingual in Spanish desirable.
Technical Operations · New York, New York
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and EVP Operations, this position is responsible for the management and execution of all technological functions related to meeting the organization's mission and strategic short-term and long-term initiatives. This includes leading the technical production and event management for end-to-end production of both virtual and in-person events, as well as identifying and implementing best practices to enhance and streamline the overall technical operations of the institution. The Senior Director, Technology, provides engineering guidance and management of all production operations and ensures that all of the Paley Center's media related technology and production facilities operate efficiently and effectively to produce results of the highest quality. Additionally, this position is responsible for the design and management of IT systems, hardware, and software, which support the overall organization and media ecosystems. The Senior Director, Technology leads a team and creates and manages the department's strategic plans, annual budgets, and capital projects.
Will also participate in other projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be a high-energy, results-driven, exceptionally organized individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sets organization's technical strategy and vision and provides overall leadership and supervision of the department.
- Ensures that the technical operations, engineering, and information technology staff are delivering best-in-class service to internal and external stakeholders and making certain that technology standards and best practices are met.
- Plans and executes all production and post-production technical elements related to Paley programs, events, and initiatives, and third party rental clients. This includes but is not limited to pre-event planning, creating and managing timelines and budgets, scheduling staff, setting-up and testing equipment, event production management of live events and recordings, and post-production including ingestion, editing, QC, and delivery of materials.
- Maintains technology and production facilities and leads in the research, design, purchase, installation, modification, and training of all equipment to meet the organization's changing needs.
- Supervises design and management of IT systems, hardware, and software, including but not limited to installation, administration, and upkeep of networks infrastructure, servers, data storage, and disaster recovery systems and other information technology processes.
- Develops, tests, and implements digital media, information technology, partner deliverable, and other project workflows to assure quality controls, maximize efficiencies, and implement best practices to enhance and streamline operations.
- Manages data storage and archive design and provides guidance on Digital Asset Management software development and improvement.
- Creates and manages department, event, project, and capital plan budgets.
- Collaborates with other department heads including marketing, programming, and operations as it relates to all technologies involved with the organization.
- Stays current and well-versed in new industry trends, technologies, and software development.
- Ensures that Paley's technological processes and services comply with all requirements, laws, and regulations.
- Participate in other projects as needed.
- 10+ years of media engineering experience in broadcast, independent, and/or high end corporate production and post-production.
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem solving skills with a willingness to accomplish all that needs to be completed.
- Experience with team management, delegating tasks as necessary, and training staff for live streaming, broadcast and in-person/virtual event production.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve issues before, during and after an event with an eye on best-in-class quality assurance.
- Experience with digital media workflows utilizing encoding, transcoding, archiving, streaming and media file management.
- Proven experience with IT system engineering, networking and optimization in a media environment.
- Experience with engineering management of live television and high profile events.
- Design and operation of high end theaters supporting DCP and Dolby Surround, interactive exhibit design, and construction experience.
- Experience with legacy media playback equipment and formats and familiarity with legacy media deterioration and restoration techniques.
- Software development experience of MAMs, or DAMs including file archiving systems.
- Application development and support of front facing media libraries.
- Experience with cloud based media storage systems, databases and OVPs.
- Ability to prioritize, work both independently and collaboratively.
- Exceptional computer skills with both PC and Mac, MS Office, SharePoint, Salesforce, and media file deliveries.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience.
The Vice President (VP) Development will have primary responsibility for managing, overseeing and leading all fundraising initiatives, including membership, foundation, corporate and government grants, gala events, sponsorships, major gifts and other sources of contributed income. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, results-driven, senior development professional with a proven track record of success in cultivating relationships and executing a strategic vision to maximize contributed income.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the VP Development will serve as a member of the Paley Center's senior management team and will have a goal of raising $10 million in contributed income annually. The VP will leverage the Paley Center's existing donors and identify, cultivate, and secure new philanthropic support and sponsorships. He/she will maintain up-to-date pipelines of prospects and manage all communications with existing and potential donors to ensure the highest level of donor engagement and satisfaction. He/she is also responsible for implementing best practices, keeping up-to-date with fundraising trends, and ensuring that appropriate systems and development procedures are in place.
He/she will oversee a team of fundraising professionals in New York and Los Angeles, who have responsibility for individual giving, membership and patron programs, corporate sponsorships and memberships, galas, foundation and government grants, third party rentals, client services and database management.
Will participate in other projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate is a high-energy, entrepreneurial, results-driven, exceptionally organized individual.
- Effectively manage and meet revenue goals to support the Paley Center's operations in New York City and Los Angeles
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy that identifies, secures, and grows the donor base in New York City and Los Angeles to meet fundraising targets, including:
- Corporate, President's Circle, Patron Circle and Individual Memberships
- Private and corporate foundations and government giving
- Two annual fundraising galas (NY & LA) and a fundraising luncheon (NY)
- Other sources, such as major gifts, capital campaigns and planned giving
- Serve as a front-line solicitor to nurture relationships with existing donors and identify and secure new support to increase contributed income from individuals and institutions
- Develop compelling grant proposals and sponsorship decks to secure support for high-profile annual television festivals, exhibits, and a wide array of public programs featuring celebrities and media leaders and innovators
- Research, identify, and secure new support for two annual Paley Honors galas celebrating achievements in television, one in New York in the Spring and one in the fall in Los Angeles, as well as a Paley Honors luncheon in New York
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gifts, including increasing membership in the Patron Circle and President's Circle donor groups
- Monitor all donor information and prepare statistical analysis and reports for the President & CEO and executive team
- Manage all logistics to ensure a seamless execution of Development events
- Supervise and mentor a team of development professionals
- Regularly attend all Paley programs, VIP receptions and donor cultivation events
- Execute on and support other programs and projects as assigned by Paley executive team
- 10+ years of experience raising $10M in contributed income annually, consisting of six and seven-figure fundraising targets
- Knowledge and understanding of the New York and Los Angeles fundraising communities with a strong network of relationships with high net worth individuals, program officers, and corporate social responsibility executives
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and key players in the media/communications industry
- Strong network of personal contacts with the ability to extend, develop and nurture donor relationships
- Strategic thinker with in-depth knowledge of fundraising methodology including prospect research, proposal preparation, and the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donors
- Excellent and proven knowledge of fundraising and best practices
- Experience with budget preparation and managing record keeping and fulfillment
- Must have a proactive, energetic, engaging personality with the ability to communicate (verbal and written) with all levels throughout the organization
- Possess the ability to lead, train, motivate, manage and inspire cross functional teams to their peak performance
- Minimum undergraduate university degree
- Bilingual Spanish, a plus
The Communications Director is the department head and will lead the communications and public relations strategy for The Paley Center for Media. They have a passion for storytelling focused on enhancing and building brand reputations with both external and internal stakeholders. The Director will continue to drive the reputation for the Paley Center for Media as the leader and innovator in the media industry and creates public awareness that engages audiences. The Director will primarily be responsible for defining and driving multi-channel communications strategies at the highest value that will generate brand awareness, audience development, donor support and membership, as well as, drive sponsorship opportunities for Paley's industry, public and educational programming initiatives. The Communications Director will be responsible for successfully creating overall visibility and industry buzz for Paley's high profile initiatives including all public and industry program events, Media Council and Membership events, galas, special events, and exhibits. This individual will be highly proficient at analyzing data, identifying trends and making media strategy recommendations. They will also have oversight of internal communications to ensure optimal company-wide dissemination of materials. Must be bilingual and be fluent in Spanish (speaking, reading and writing).
In addition, the Communications Director will leverage all Paley's media assets to create and execute communications campaigns designed to:
- Build awareness of the Paley brand and all Paley programs (virtual and live events, festivals, exhibits, galas, screenings, summit, education, television specials), and sponsorships and activations to generate solid sponsor ROI
- Drive digital viewership, ticket sales to Paley live events, and tune-in for Paley's televised specials
- Drive membership across all relevant areas and expand the Paley community
- Enhance visitor traffic to public exhibitions at the Paley Centers in New York and Los Angeles.
- Develop and drive a multi-channel communications strategy and messaging through all media outlets including top-tier and niche traditional and social media outlets
- Maximize digital exposure with PR optimization on social media and track engagement to make data-driven decisions and syndicate social media content to amplify coverage. Lead enterprise media monitoring, distill data sets to identify trends in the industry and new audiences
- Drive awareness of sponsor programs and initiatives by leveraging all Paley media assets
- Evaluate existing and build new key media relationships in entertainment, cultural and industry press that generates awareness and interest through proactive outreach
- Create and disseminate Paley's corporate communication information as required including new trustee and staff announcements, new initiatives and funding projects that garner continued interest in donor, membership, and public support
- Build an internal communication strategy including standardizing internal communication and processes for consistency and efficiency, and providing opportunities to cultivate and support employee engagement and awareness
- Create media and marketing materials such as, press releases and fact sheets, content creation, and website content, as well as communication via social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Yahoo, etc.)
- Manage all incoming media requests, take action and follow-through on all relevant issues
- Coordinate with outside creative agencies on development of campaigns and securing PSAs.
- Manage PR Agencies (in NY and LA) to ensure all communications for Paley events and initiatives are strategically planned and executed and that press/media coverage directly benefits Paley as well as the subject of interest
- Direct and manage press and logistics for all Paley events including red carpet, shot lists and photo opportunities
- Monitor industry news to inform the executive team of key trending stories and current events affecting and related to the media industry
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by organization and sector, and work with Management to recognize internal and external communication opportunities and solutions to address them
- Assist senior management with external communications, speech writing and lectures
- Promote Paley executives as industry and curatorial experts for media opportunities.
- Strategic insight of all variables (internal and external) that support Paley's continued leadership position as the media industry's preeminent nonprofit organization
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills Including thorough research ability, influencing skills, and knowledge how to use various media outlets and social media platforms to reach different demographic groups with consistent messaging
- Proven relationships with the press and key media outlets
- Proven capacity to multi-task in fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment with tight deadlines
- Impeccable professional demeanor while working with all constituents and stakeholders
- Excellent judgment and ability to stay composed in high pressure situations
- Extensive experience with social media platforms and social media marketing including search engine marketing, Google Analytics, Google Ad Words
- Highly proficient with data analytics, media analysis and monitoring tools required
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with communication technologies
- Ability to work events including nights and weekends and travel as needed
- Bachelor's degree in communications or relevant field with a minimum of 8 years of progressively more responsible experience in communications or media relations at a PR agency or in-house Corporate Communications department
- Fluency in Spanish required
The Senior Talent Booker is responsible for identifying, inviting, and securing talent for all Paley Programming, which includes A-list premieres and star-studded events, panel discussions, business summits, exclusive screenings, unique exhibitions and experiences. The Senior Talent Booker will have a proven track record of securing talent and producing significant and note-worthy programming within entertainment, industry, sports, gaming and interactive entertainment, music, advertising, news and digital media to reflect a relevant annual programming calendar. They will also closely follow pop culture trends and news, have a strong network of contacts including actors, celebrities, musicians, athletes, political pundits, journalists, talent management and creative visionaries. The Senior Talent Booker will utilize key relationships with television networks, studios and digital media companies to book talent and events for PaleyFest NY, PaleyFrontRow, PaleyLive Series, Paley Impact, the annual Paley Honors (dinner and luncheon), experiences, PaleyGX, and Paleyland – among others), Festivals (PaleyFest LA and NY, PaleyFest Fall TV Previews) TV specials, Corporate events, Family programs, Patron Circle and President Circle events, and partner related programming. The Senior Talent Booker will also has the industry knowledge to present relevant and thought-provoking programming that attracts and secures relevant speakers for Industry Programs such as Paley Dialogues, Next Big Thing Series, The Paley International Council Summit and various independent programs. The Senior Talent Booker will work on any other events and participate in other projects as assigned.Responsibilities
- Procure talent – research, invite and secure the highest-level speakers/panelists and moderators who will draw press coverage, increase online views and engagement as well as ticket sales for events.
- Book and produce unique and influential programs that celebrate the biggest, best and most critically acclaimed shows on television, as well as athletes, musicians, politicians, thought leaders, journalists, gamers, influencers and other notable media and cultural figures.
- Book and produce programming that reveals the creative process of beloved TV and streaming programs, milestones in history and culture and the personalities that drive the media world.
- Book talent to participate in all Paley programs including Paley Honors, experiences, events, screenings, game drops, watch parties and other events across entertainment, music, sports, gaming and interactive entertainment and other verticals.
- Ensure the relevance and prestige of Paley events by remaining informed of media and entertainment news, premieres, releases, awards shows / nominations, journalism, politics, tech and other milestones that drive audience interest
- Develop strategy with the SVP of Programming and maintain a rigorous timeline of upcoming and future event dates and deadlines to ensure that invitations are approved by the Chief Programming Officer, and sent at least 9 months in advance in order to secure bookings six months in advance and establish a bi-annual calendar of events.
- Maintain a database of publicists, managers, agents and other representatives across all categories of media and regularly communicate with them to discover their goals and future plans so that our programming is aligned accordingly.
- Maintain a booking tracker that documents all invitations, follow ups, deadlines and contacts to ensure a well-organized and professional booking process.
- Clearly and professionally establish invitation timelines with publicists, managers, network and studio representatives etc. to ensure that Paley Center invitations are responded to quickly, and confirmations or declines are known in a timely fashion allowing for alternative booking strategies to be implemented.
- Draft and proof correspondence, pitch letters, invitations, proposals, thank you letters, etc.
- Research background information utilizing various sources, to collect all elements required for developing programs.
- Handle other projects as assigned.
- We seek an entrepreneurial individual with a network of contacts within media and entertainment, who is deadline-oriented, results-driven and highly organized with excellent writing and communications.
- 10+ years of programming experience securing high profile talent for industry, entertainment, sports and media programs and other special events on time and within budget
- In depth knowledge and appreciation of television, pop culture, sports and the media industry
- Must have a current network of relevant, top talent which include C-suite executives, actors, celebrities, political figures, showrunners, talent management, creative visionaries and executives within the media, entertainment, film, news, gaming and sports industries
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to break through gate-keepers and influence decision makers, including executives and talent, publicists and talent agents
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- A strong professional drive, sales/marketing mindset, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Bachelor's degree
- Bilingual in Spanish, a plus
This position is temporary for approximately 8 months.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Public Programming, the Project Director, Archive is a high-energy, entrepreneurial, results-driven, extremely organized individual. The Director will lead the strategic review of the Paley Archive including an evaluation of the current collection holdings and an analysis of the curation, acquisition, preservation, and accessibility policies and practices. The Director will perform a comprehensive review of all procedures and will determine best practices to support Paley initiatives. The position will work with multiple departments to: review the current status of the collection, refine criteria for selection and create lists of sought after programs; analyze preservation and formats; identify use of and accessibility of the collection; and determine essential policies for usage, outreach and donations from rights holders, including the creation, revision and execution of all business and legal agreements. The position will deliver a final review and strategic plan by September 30, 2021 adhering to internal deadlines as determined.
- Lead strategic review of the Paley Archive including evaluation of current holdings and criteria for selection to continue to maintain the relevance and significance of the collection. Position will project manage and work closely with several departments.
- Lead comprehensive examination of the curation, acquisition and preservation of programs to ensure that the Paley Archive meets objectives of the mission of the organization.
- Partner with the Business & Legal Affairs department to support IP and related transactions by managing a team of legal interns to review all current holdings rights and by generating, reviewing, negotiating and revising rights and clearances agreements, contracts and other legal documentation for Paley Archive donations.
- Work directly with donors and copyright holders to determine best practices for program donations and agreements.
- Team with the Curatorial department to research key subjects, societal issues, historic milestones, and upcoming events to determine key holdings for the Paley Archive and make plans for future additions
- Devise a strategy (including timeline and priorities) for annual Paley Archive selection as well as to support public, creative community and scholarly use as a resource and Paley's calendar of programs, education initiatives, 360 Celebrations, Paley Honors and events, among others.
- Collaborate with the Curatorial department to define and organize the Paley Archive (including special collections) to make content more relevant to targeted groups and a wider audience.
- Focus on supporting and reflecting Paley's ongoing commitment to Diversity & Inclusion in the Paley Archive strategy
- Work with the Technical department to evaluate and develop plan regarding formats as well as upkeep of and access to the Paley Archive including storage and digitization process; evaluate budgetary requirements and resources.
- Team with the Library Information Services and Registrar department to review current cataloging and metadata policies and practices of the Paley Archive and recommend best practices.
- Partner with Marketing and Public Relation's departments to devise a plan to promote and grow awareness of the Paley Archive (including special collections).
- Develop a plan to leverage Paley owned content to third parties, including opportunities for content licensing.
- Collaborate with the Development department to identify funding opportunities for institutional giving from individuals, private foundations, government grants, and corporate gifts.
- Prepare report on findings and develop strategic plan for the future of the Paley Archive by September 30
- 10+ years of experience in legal and business affairs at a TV network, studio, production company, streaming service, etc.
- Experience negotiating rights and clearance terms and contracts.
- Hands-on transactional experience handling intellectual property issues, including licensing agreements.
- J.D. and admission in good standing to a state bar.
- Broad, in-depth knowledge of and proven experience in strategic planning.
- Knowledge of best practices and proper standards in the handling of museum collections and digital archives.
- Proven experience with project and budget management experience, in a supervisory capacity.
- Extensive research skills and computer proficient.
- Strong knowledge of media landscape.
- A proactive problem solver with a strong professional drive and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Bilingual in Spanish, a plus