Los Angeles Premiere
Mister Rogers and Me: Mister Rogers Birthday Celebration
Monday, March 19, 2012
Benjamin Wagner, Filmmakers
Christofer Wagner, Filmmakers
Davy Rothbart, Contributor, This American Life; Founder, Found Magazine
Tim Madigan, Author, I'm Proud of You: Life Lessons from My Friend Fred Rogers
Plus additional guests to be announced
Benjamin Wagner was a rising MTV producer when his life was transformed by a meeting with the recently retired host of the iconic Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood, Fred Rogers. This charming and philosophical documentary chronicles Wagner’s quest to understand Rogers’s mantra: “deep and simple is far more essential than shallow and complex.” This gnomic message forces Wagner to reevaluate his life, journeying some 4,000 miles across country to meet people also touched by Rogers, including Tim Russert, Susan Stamberg, and Linda Ellerbee. A true independent labor of love, this quietly profound film is mostly financed by the filmmakers. As Steve Rosenbaum wrote on the Huffington Post: "Mister Rogers & Me is a gem of a film. Nostalgic and relevant. A revealing personal journey that asks important questions about our human connections. And important questions about how media connect with our children today.” In celebration of the film’s release on PBS DVD, and iTunes on March 20, Mister Rogers's birthday, join the filmmakers and additional special guests for the Los Angeles premiere screening.
This event is FREE. RSVPs are required. RSVP below.
Other Events in the Series
- Napoleon Dynamite
- A Justified Evening With Elmore Leonard, Timothy Olyphant, and Graham Yost
- Carol Channing: Larger Than Life
- Cougar Town Is Back!
- Justice League: Doom
- “Thank You Music Lovers” A Centennial Salute to Spike Jones: The Godfather of Musical Mayhem
- An Evening with Stephen Schwartz: A Life in Film, Television, and Theater
- In Plain Sight
- Person of Interest
- Mind Over Media: Are You More Powerful than Propaganda?
- American Masters: Johnny Carson: King of Late Night
- Top of the Rock: Inside the Rise and Fall of Must See TV
- An Evening with Up All Night
- An Evening with Days of Our Lives
- An Evening with Craig Ferguson
- MTV’s Teen Wolf: Season Two Premiere Screening & Panel
- An Evening with On Freddie Roach
- She's Making Media: Lily Tomlin
- MTV’s Awkward. : Season Two Premiere Screening & Panel
- An Evening with Eureka
- Husbands: Season Two Premiere of the Acclaimed Online Sitcom
- The Young and the Restless: Celebrating 10,000 Episodes