In Association with the International Documentary Association (IDA)
DocuDay New York 2013: See the Academy Award–Nominated Docs
Saturday, February 23, 2013
FREE for Paley Center Members and IDA Members.
Included with admission for the general public.
No RSVP required. Open seating for all, first-come, first-served.
The Paley Center and the International Documentary Association (IDA) are pleased to screen the documentaries, features and short subjects, which are nominated for the 85th Annual Academy Awards. These weekend screenings give the Paley Center and IDA members a unique chance to see the documentary films before the Oscar telecast on Sunday evening, February 24. We thank the nominated filmmakers for making their programs available to us.
New York Schedule:
Saturday Feb 23, 2013
12:05 pm The Invisible War (93 minutes)
1:45 pm 5 Broken Cameras (94 minutes)
3:30 pm Searching for Sugar Man (86 minutes)
Sunday Feb 24, 2013
12:05 pm How to Survive a Plague (110 minutes)
2:05 pm Inocente (40 minutes)
2:55 pm Kings Point (40 minutes)
3:45 pm Open Heart (39 minutes)
4:30 pm Mondays at Racine (39 minutes)
5:15 pm Redemption (35 minutes)
Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to screen The Gatekeepers.
Schedule subject to change. Click for more information.
On the West Coast? Information on DocuDay Los Angeles available here.
Saturday, February 23
The Invisible War
Filmmakers Kirby Dick and Amy Ziering
5 Broken Cameras
Filmmakers Emad Burnat and Guy Davidi
Searching for Sugar Man
Filmmakers Malik Bendjelloul and Simon Chinn
Sunday, February 24
How to Survive a Plague
Filmmakers David France and Howard Gertler
Filmmakers Sean Fine and Andrea Nix Fine
Filmmakers Sari Gilman and Jedd Wider
Filmmakers Kief Davidson and Cori Shepherd Stern
Mondays at Racine
Filmmakers Cynthia Wade and Robin Honan
Filmmakers Jon Alpert and Matthew O'Neill
Other Events in the Series
- Rolling Stones: 50
- Digitally Remastered Doctor Who Screenings in NY: Doctor Who: The Movie
- Doc U: Global Impact – Docs as Tools of Change
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2
- Digitally Remastered Classic Doctor Who Screenings: An Unearthly Child
- The Invisible War
- Songs of America with Art Garfunkel and Charles Grodin
- LEGO Batman: The Movie - DC Superheroes Unite
- Shall We Overcome? Investigation Discovery Explores Civil Rights Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
- She’s Making Media: Julianna Margulies
- Dream of . . . An Evening with Fred Armisen
- Hey Dummies: An Evening with the 30 Rock Writers
- Words On Dance: Edward Villella
- The Stages of Edward Albee: NY Premiere of the New Documentary
- Digitally Remastered Doctor Who Screenings: The Ark in Space
- She's Making Media: Jody Williams—Activism from Landmines to Killer Robots
- Mad-ness Returns to the Paley Center
- Docu-Jam 2013
- Paley Center & the Peabodys: Finding Excellence in Media
- The Paley Center Salutes Broadway
- PALEY CENTER NY LOVE ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT
- She's Making Media: Anna Deavere Smith
- Follow This: Kevin Bacon on Being Ryan Hardy
- Digitally Remastered Doctor Who Screenings: The Caves of Androzani
- Screenings: Musicals on Television
Become a Member
Take advantage of advance ticket sales and discounts.