She's Making News: Paula Zahn
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Moderator: Pat Mitchell, President/CEO, The Paley Center for Media
A thirty-year news veteran, Emmy Award-winning journalist Paula Zahn currently hosts On the Case with Paula Zahn for the Investigation Discovery channel and has previously served as an anchor and host for CNN, the Fox News Channel, CBS, and ABC. An academic and athletic star in school, an accomplished musician (she attended Stephens College on a cello scholarship and has performed with the New York Pops Orchestra), and a tireless fundraiser for cancer research, Zahn is also one of the country’s preeminent broadcast journalists. After spending ten years working for local newscasts in major markets around the country, Zahn rose to national prominence with a series of high profile posts, including stints as the coanchor of World News This Morning and the anchor of news segments for Good Morning America on ABC, the cohost of the CBS Morning News and anchor of the CBS Evening News Saturday Edition, the anchor of the Fox News Channel’s The Fox Report and The Edge with Paula Zahn, and as an anchor for CNN and the host of that network’s Paula Zahn Now. She has also been a familiar presence on PBS, cohosting the weekly series NYC-ARTS with Phillipe de Montebello and presenting a wide variety of arts programming. Zahn has won nine Emmy Awards, the National Commission of Working Women Broadcasting Award and an AWRT Award for reporting on gender bias in education.
Zahn will discuss her career with Paley Center president and CEO Pat Mitchell.
Join the Conversation! We will LIVE tweet this event. Follow @paleycenter and use #PaleyLiveNY to join in. Your tweet will be seen in the widget we add to this page on the day of the event.
Other Events in the Series
- Hey, Hey, Hey … It’s Bill Cosby
- Project Runway All Stars
- IFC’s Portlandia: A Conversation with Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein
- Remembering Master Storyteller, Jean Shepherd: With Jerry Seinfeld
- Oscar Hammerstein II—Out of My Dreams
- Cougar Town Viewing Party
- Justice League: Doom
- Meet the Filmmakers Nominated for the Academy Award, Documentary Short
- Who Do You Think You Are?
- DocuDay New York 2012
- Academy Awards Viewing Party Featuring Live Commentary by A.O. Scott & David Carr of The New York Times
- PaleyFest Community Viewing Party: Panel Live from Los Angeles with a Greendale Pep Rally from New York Comic Con
- PaleyFest Castle Viewing Party: Panel Live from Los Angeles with a Scavenger Hunt and Trivia from New York Comic Con
- A Better Life
- Mad Men Season Premiere Viewing Party
- Twentieth Anniversary of The Big Show: Keith Olbermann and Dan Patrick Together Again
- Doctor Who: How It All Began—An Evening with Waris Hussein
- NYC 22, New Prime-Time Drama
- A Cavalcade of Coward
- An Evening with Estela Bravo: Filmmaker of Fidel: The Untold Story and Anecdotes about Fidel
- American Masters: Johnny Carson: King of Late Night
- 2012 Tony Awards Film Series
- She's Making News: Katie Couric
- Madame Butterfly: Screening and Conversation
- Mind Over Media: Are You More Powerful than Propaganda?
- She's Making News: Gayle King
- She's Making News: Maria Bartiromo
- An Evening With Christopher Plummer
- Alan Alda’s Burning Question: What Is a Flame?
- Jersey Shore Shark Attack: A Paley Center & Syfy Viewing Party
- Spider-Man Week NYC: Peter Parker at the Paley Center
- Digitally Remastered Classic Doctor Who Screenings: Resurrection of the Daleks
- She's Making News: Soledad O’Brien
- Digitally Remastered Classic Doctor Who Screenings: Death to the Daleks
- Musicals on Television: An Afternoon with Sheldon Harnick
- Goodyear Television Playhouse: The Trip to Bountiful
- From Homicide to Copper: Levinson/Fontana in Conversation
- Studio One: The Traveling Lady
- Playhouse 90: Old Man
- American Playhouse: Story of a Marriage, Part 1: “Courtship"