Paley International Council
About Paley International Council Summit
The Paley Center for Media's International Council (IC) is an independent forum dedicated to providing common ground for the global media industries. Created in 1995, the IC brings together the chief executives of the world's most important media companies to advance the exchange of ideas among these leaders in global media, entertainment, and technology, and to foster community among them. This is accomplished through both informal and organized discussions on a wide range of critical issues that will define the media and its role in society for generations to come. Past meetings have been held in Rome, Berlin, Madrid, Paris, London, Vienna, Beijing, Cape Town, Montréal, Istanbul, New Delhi, Bangalore, New York, Los Angeles, and California's Silicon Valley.
- Chief Executives in the media, technology, and entertainment industries who want to understand the global business landscape and the potential for their companies to reach across borders into new markets.
Why should you attend?
- The Paley Center’s International Council summits are dynamic, interactive events that are guaranteed to engage and inspire even the most jaded and jet-lagged conference goers.
- Our summits are invite only and limited to 100 people.
What to expect?
- Interactive discussions during summit sessions and the opportunity to participate throughout. All of our delegates will be seated at tables with microphones, and our moderators will often call on them individually to join the conversation.
- Elegant social events at iconic locations that promise opportunities to network and chat with media luminaries and fellow delegates.
- Our theme for November will be “The Data Overthrow” and will focus on the new business, advertising, and distribution models in this age of unprecedented access to information about consumers and the way they interact with content. The increasing volume and detail of information, the rise of multimedia, social media, and mobile ubiquity will fuel this growth in data for the foreseeable future. How does it affect the creative process? How does data disrupt the media industry? What is the long-term impact? Join us as we examine, reconstruct, and reinvent in the age of big data.