Vintage Champagne: A Tribute to The Lawrence Welk Show
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Mary Lou Metzger
Peggy Lennon Additional guests to be announced.
Join many of the original stars of Lawrence Welk’s “Musical Family” to reminisce about one of the longest running variety programs in television history. Every Saturday night from 1955 to 1982, the country enjoyed his hour of well-known popular songs, played by a top-notch orchestra of Big Band–era musicians, sung and danced by a good-looking cast of colorfully costumed singers and dancers. Since then The Lawrence Welk Show has continued to entertain families of many generations on public television. Our guests will tell behind-the-scenes stories about host Welk, whose modest demeanor, slight accent, and obvious discomfort in front of the camera charmed audiences. Rare clips from the series’ rich history will also be screened.
Other Events in the Series
- Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
- The Cleveland Show Live!
- A Salute to Tony Orlando’s 50th Anniversary in Show Business
- Bob Newhart's 50th Anniversary in Show Business
- Falcon Crest: A Look Back
- Rewriting the American Dream
- An Evening with Rules of Engagement
- Stefanie Powers on Television!
- Royal Pains
- One from the Hart: A Hart to Hart Reunion
- Psych! A Twin Peaks Gathering
- The Sing-Off Season Premiere
- Ultra Rare Bing: Crosby on TV
- Bing Crosby: The Special Years