The Paley Center's Royal Wedding Viewing Party
Friday, April 29, 2011
Recap from New York Magazine:
Doors open at 5:30 am
See the wedding of this century LIVE from London as HRH Prince William of Wales and Miss Catherine Middleton tie the knot on Friday, April 29. It will be worth getting to the Paley Center at 5:30 in the morning to gather with other Royal watchers and see the festivities in HD on a theater screen. Tea, scones, and champagne will be served along with some serious TV wedding trivia, with classic real and fictional weddings playing on the monitors.
What to wear? Ladies, pull out your Bridesmaids Dresses!
Dig deep into your closet and find your favorite bridesmaids gowns. Most Unique Bridesmaid Dress will win a prize. Our special guest judges include Fern Mallis, president, Fern Mallis, LLC; creator of NY Fashion Week.
This event is FREE, but you must reserve a ticket below.
Seating in the main theater is on a first-come, first-served basis. Other seating areas include the 2nd floor Goodson Theater and the Spielberg Gallery.
Follow the live tweets @PaleyCenter on Twitter and use #RoyalWedding #PaleyLiveNY to join the conversation!
SCREENINGS: Great Weddings on TV
In honor of the Royal Wedding, the Paley Center is screening fictional and real weddings from its collection on the weekend before the wedding: April 23 and 24. See schedule.
In honor of the upcoming royal nuptials, watch "Celebrating Modern Britain," a film that showcases prominent British and British-based experts in their field explaining how Britain’s openness, connectivity, dynamism, and creativity have helped them succeed.
In partnership with the
Inset and home page photo: © Copyright 2010 Mario Testino
Other Events in the Series
- The Social Network
- All-Star Superman in New York
- DocuDay New York 2011 Special Event: Gasland
- DocuDay New York 2011
- Academy Awards Viewing Party
- Shooting Poverty
- Syfy's Being Human
- Rebuilding Hope
- A Window on Japan
- World Premiere of Eric Whitacre’s Virtual Choir 2.0 Sleep
- It’s Been Real: The Life and Legacy of Ernie Kovacs
- HBO's Cinema Verite
- Animals Distract Me
- Great Weddings on TV
- An American Family Screenings
- Christy Turlington Burns’ No Woman, No Cry
- Women's Voices from the Muslim World
- Show and Sell: Jerry Della Femina on TV’s Take on the Ad Game
- Women's Voices from the Muslim World: A Short-Film Festival
- An Evening with Fringe
- Hey, Boo: Harper Lee and To Kill a Mockingbird
- Maria Golovin
- The Paley Center's Finale Viewing Parties
- Burma Soldier
- An Evening with Eve Ensler
- An Evening with Marlo Thomas
- Prime-Time/Late-Night Animation: What Envelope?