She's Making News: Soledad O’Brien
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Moderator: Pat Mitchell, President/CEO, The Paley Center for Media
Soledad O’Brien, anchor of the CNN morning show Starting Point, has reported breaking news from around the globe, as well as produced acclaimed documentaries on crucial issues facing the world today. She also covers political news from CNN’s “Best Political Team on Television” and is the author of the lauded memoir The Next Big Story: My Journey through the Land of Possibilities. Her recent insightful documentaries include Black in America: The New Promised Land—Silicon Valley; The Women of 9/11; Don’t Fail Me: Education in America; and Unwelcome: The Muslims Next Door. Before joining CNN in 2003 as anchor of American Morning, O’Brien worked at NBC News where she hosted Weekend Today. In 2011 she received her first Emmy Award for her reporting on Haiti for Anderson Cooper 360. O’Brien will engage in a conversation with Paley Center president Pat Mitchell about her professional and personal journey in journalism.
This event is part of
Join the Conversation! We will LIVE tweet this event. Follow @paleycenter and use #PaleyLiveNY to join in. Your tweet will be seen in the widget we add to this page on the day of the event.
Other Events in the Series
- Hey, Hey, Hey … It’s Bill Cosby
- Project Runway All Stars
- IFC’s Portlandia: A Conversation with Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein
- Remembering Master Storyteller, Jean Shepherd: With Jerry Seinfeld
- Oscar Hammerstein II—Out of My Dreams
- Cougar Town Viewing Party
- Justice League: Doom
- Meet the Filmmakers Nominated for the Academy Award, Documentary Short
- Who Do You Think You Are?
- DocuDay New York 2012
- Academy Awards Viewing Party Featuring Live Commentary by A.O. Scott & David Carr of The New York Times
- PaleyFest Community Viewing Party: Panel Live from Los Angeles with a Greendale Pep Rally from New York Comic Con
- PaleyFest Castle Viewing Party: Panel Live from Los Angeles with a Scavenger Hunt and Trivia from New York Comic Con
- A Better Life
- Mad Men Season Premiere Viewing Party
- Twentieth Anniversary of The Big Show: Keith Olbermann and Dan Patrick Together Again
- Doctor Who: How It All Began—An Evening with Waris Hussein
- NYC 22, New Prime-Time Drama
- A Cavalcade of Coward
- An Evening with Estela Bravo: Filmmaker of Fidel: The Untold Story and Anecdotes about Fidel
- American Masters: Johnny Carson: King of Late Night
- 2012 Tony Awards Film Series
- She's Making News: Katie Couric
- Madame Butterfly: Screening and Conversation
- Mind Over Media: Are You More Powerful than Propaganda?
- She's Making News: Gayle King
- She's Making News: Maria Bartiromo
- An Evening With Christopher Plummer
- Alan Alda’s Burning Question: What Is a Flame?
- Jersey Shore Shark Attack: A Paley Center & Syfy Viewing Party
- She's Making News: Paula Zahn
- Spider-Man Week NYC: Peter Parker at the Paley Center
- Digitally Remastered Classic Doctor Who Screenings: Resurrection of the Daleks
- Musicals on Television: An Afternoon with Sheldon Harnick
- Digitally Remastered Classic Doctor Who Screenings: Death to the Daleks
- Goodyear Television Playhouse: The Trip to Bountiful
- From Homicide to Copper: Levinson/Fontana in Conversation
- Studio One: The Traveling Lady
- Playhouse 90: Old Man
- American Playhouse: Story of a Marriage, Part 1: “Courtship"