Bunker Roy: A Screening and Conversation
Monday, September 23, 2013
Panel to be announced.
Moderator: Pat Mitchell, President and CEO, The Paley Center for Media
The Paley Center for Media and The Skoll Foundation are hosting a screening of the Sole Luna documentaries The Barefoot Approach in Africa and Bring the Sun Home, followed by a panel discussion and Q&A, moderated by Pat Mitchell.
Bunker Roy is an internationally recognized Indian activist in education and esteemed founder the trailblazing Barefoot College, which provides services and solutions to local communities. His college, first known as the Social Work and Research Centre, has trained more than three million people, helping rural villages become self-sufficient and sustainable. Mr. Roy will receive a special award this year from the Clinton Global Initiative.
A limited number of tickets are available.
Other Events in the Series
- She’s Making Media: Kerry Washington
- She’s Making Media: Renée Fleming
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold
- The Truth Is Here: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson on The X-Files
- "Come Fly With Me": Sammy Cahn on TV, a Centennial Celebration
- Docu-Jam Fall Showcase 2013
- The Beatles Meet America: An Evening with Beatles Historian Mark Lewisohn
- Dirty Wars
- An Evening with David Cross
- Oh Hello: Kroll Show
- This Changes Everything: James Ellroy and Thomas Mallon on the Assassination of JFK
- Paley DocPitch Competition
- Digitally Remastered Doctor Who Screenings in NY: Terror of the Zygons
- Holiday Screenings @ The Paley Center
- Media Rx: Access to Information and Medicine
- Benjamin Britten Centenary Celebration