Digitally Remastered Doctor Who Screenings in NY: Terror of the Zygons
Saturday, November 30, 2013
Travel with us through time and space as The Paley Center for Media and BBC Home Entertainment present classic Doctor Who screenings. These screenings will feature the digitally remastered episodes in the best way: on the big screen, with big sound, and the Doctor Who community.
FREE for Paley Center Members
Included with general admission ($10 for adults; $8 for students and senior citizens; $5 for children under fourteen)
Become a Member! Join us online or contact Membership at 212.621.6780.
Terror of the Zygons
(1975; 96 minutes)
Returning to Earth, the Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker), Sarah Jane, and Harry arrive in the Scottish Highlands to investigate the mysterious destruction of several oil rigs in the North Sea. Local superstition speaks of a deadly threat that lurks in the mists of Tulloch Moor, but the truth is even more disturbing: the legendary Loch Ness monster is a terrifying cyborg beast controlled by the Zygons, an advanced alien race desperate to ensure its own survival, at any cost. This digitally remastered edition of the Doctor Who classic includes an extended cut of the first episode of the arc.
Potato Heads Are Cool!
Test your classic Who knowledge during our prescreenng trivia round and win free prizes, including an 11th Doctor Mr. Potato Head!
Our thanks to BBC Home Entertainment for making this series of Doctor Who screenings possible.
Read David Bushman's 11 favorite episodes of the 11th Doctor, Matt Smith!
Eleven on Eleven
Other Events in the Series
- Bunker Roy: A Screening and Conversation
- She’s Making Media: Kerry Washington
- She’s Making Media: Renée Fleming
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold
- The Truth Is Here: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson on The X-Files
- "Come Fly With Me": Sammy Cahn on TV, a Centennial Celebration
- Docu-Jam Fall Showcase 2013
- The Beatles Meet America: An Evening with Beatles Historian Mark Lewisohn
- Dirty Wars
- An Evening with David Cross
- Oh Hello: Kroll Show
- This Changes Everything: James Ellroy and Thomas Mallon on the Assassination of JFK
- Paley DocPitch Competition
- Holiday Screenings @ The Paley Center
- Media Rx: Access to Information and Medicine
- Benjamin Britten Centenary Celebration