TWENTIETH CENTURY, THE: STALINGRAD (TV)
One in this documentary series hosted by Walter Cronkite, which examines outstanding events and personalities of the twentieth century. This program includes archival footage of Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin.
On Feb. 2, 1943, the remainder of Nazi forces from the Battle of Stalingrad surrendered in a major victory for the Soviets in World War II.
Preservation of the Post–World War II American Television Documentary Collection is supported in part by a Federal Save America’s Treasures grant administered by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
- NETWORK: CBS
- DATE: April 19, 1959 Sunday 6:30 PM
- RUNNING TIME: 0:24:49
- COLOR/B&W: B&W
- CATALOG ID: T85:0985
- GENRE: Public affairs/Documentaries
- SUBJECT HEADING: Stalingrad
- SERIES RUN: CBS - TV series, 1957-1966
- Burton Benjamin … Producer, Writer
- Georges Auric … Composer, Original score by
- CBS Orchestra, The … Symphony Orchestra
- Alfredo Antonini … Conductor
- Walter Cronkite … Narrator
- Adolf Hitler
- Joseph Stalin