CBS REPORTS: HUNGER IN AMERICA (TV)
One in this series of irregularly scheduled in-depth reports. This program focuses on the problems of hunger, malnutrition, and starvation in four representative areas of the U.S. -- in the Mexican-American section of San Antonio, Texas, in the white section of Loudoun County, Va., in the Navajo Indian reservation in Arizona, in the black area of Hale County, Alabama. We see the ravaging effects of hunger on the people of these areas, on the adults, the children and most strikingly, on the babies. Commercials deleted.
Cataloging of this program was made possible by the CBS Foundation, 1998.
- NETWORK: CBS
- DATE: May 21, 1968 Tuesday 10:00 PM
- RUNNING TIME: 0:51:24
- COLOR/B&W: Color
- CATALOG ID: T77:0042
- GENRE: Public affairs/Documentaries
- SUBJECT HEADING: Children - Nutrition; Food supply; Hunger; Malnutrition
- SERIES RUN: CBS - TV, 1968
- Don Hewitt … Executive Producer
- Martin Carr … Writer, Producer
- Peter Davis … Writer
- Charles Kuralt … Reporter
- David Culhane … Reporter