SEE IT NOW: A STUDY OF TWO CITIES (TV)
One in this series of current events documentary programs, hosted by Edward R. Murrow. This report on race relations in Gastonia, North Carolina, focuses on the following topics and people: a Gastonia banker; the town's two high schools, white and black; a white PTA meeting; a black PTA meeting; a citizens' meeting at the courthouse; a black church; and a white church. Includes commercials for Alcoa.
Preservation of the Post–World War II American Television Documentary Collection is supported in part by a Federal Save America’s Treasures grant administered by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
- NETWORK: CBS
- DATE: May 25, 1954 Tuesday 10:30 PM
- RUNNING TIME: 0:30:00
- COLOR/B&W: B&W
- CATALOG ID: T82:0290
- GENRE: Public affairs/Documentaries
- SUBJECT HEADING: African-American Collection - News/Talk
- SERIES RUN: CBS - TV series, 1951-1958
- COMMERCIALS: TV - Commercials - Alcoa
- Edward R. Murrow … Producer, Editor, Reporter
- Fred W. Friendly … Producer, Editor
- Don Hewitt … Director