"In The Bar of a Tokyo Hotel" by Tennessee Williams
2:00 PM ET
The characters are: Miriam, a woman who is lascivious, loud, and very lost; a Japanese bartender whom she is trying to seduce; Mark, Miriam's alcoholic husband whose painting career is failing and whose nerves are shot; and Leonard, Mark's friend and art dealer. The place is a hotel bar in Tokyo. The world is unmistakably that of Tennessee Williams. A rare and unusual Williams play, this show makes for a perfect afternoon for Tennessee Williams lovers or theater lovers in general. First produced at the Eastside Playhouse in New York on May 11, 1969, Williams combines pathos with humor. You don't have to travel far to be transported to this world of seduction and lost souls In the Bar of a Tokyo Hotel.
For information and to order tickets, please call 646.366.9340 or click the links below.
Tickets (Includes Reception and Q&A with the cast)
General Public: $65
Paley Center Members: $50
Buy first ticket to Food for Thought Productions at $25 to get a taste of this wonderful program. Email email@example.com or call 212.621.6780 to join!
Become a Paley Center Member today to enjoy the discounted ticket price.
Food for Thought Productions 2010 Schedule
All performances are at 2:00 pm.
Casting for each reading is announced two weeks prior to the program.
Click on individual events below for details.
• Monday, April 26, A Ringing of Doorbells by Thorton Wilder and Arrangement in Black and White by Dorothy Parker Buy Tickets
• Wednesday, May 5, In the Bar of a Tokyo Hotel by Tennessee Williams Buy Tickets
• Thursday, May 13, A Song at Twilight by Noel Coward Buy Tickets
• Tuesday, May 18, Star Chamber by Noël Coward Buy Tickets
• Monday, May 24, Schoolyard Confidential, Lady With A Lamp, and Have You Seen My Husband? Buy Tickets
• Wednesday, June 9, Visitor from Forest Hills* by Neil Simon Buy Tickets
• Thursday, June 17, Love Letters by A.R. Gurney Buy Tickets
Participants are subject to change.