Mad Men Season Premiere Viewing Party
Sunday, March 25, 2012
Hosted by TV Guide Magazine's Matt Roush (Senior TV Critic) and Carol Dittbrenner (Features Director)
Make Your Own Mad Men Video Postcard
How are you celebrating the new Mad Men season? Dressing up and going to a viewing party? Dressing down and watching from home? Pick up your iPhone RIGHT NOW to make a Mad Men video postcard, and mabye we'll highlight yours on PaleyCenter.org!
It's this easy:
- Download Jollyfy on your iPhone
- Tap the "Get Templates" icon
- Download the "Mad Men Viewing Party" template and click record
You'll love the results and so will everyone you share your videos with.
Doors open at 8:00 pm.
Enjoy a swanky cocktail party before the season premiere screening.
Come dressed in your best retro-styled finery and receive a Season 5 Mad Men poster, courtesy of AMC.
Mad Men Trivia Contest, with tantalizing questions from Basket of Kisses Roberta & Deborah Lipp.
Screening of the Mad Men fifth season premiere LIVE from 9:00 to 11:00 pm.
Oh how we have missed Mad Men…the style, the cigarettes and alcohol, and, above all else, the mesmerizing personal and professional machinations of conflicted ad man Don Draper. The Paley Center is delighted to host a live presentation of Mad Men’s fifth season premiere on the big screen—all the better to soak up that gorgeous period detail.
Adding to the ambience will be era-appropriate cocktails and a selection of “retro-mercials” (actual ads from the early sixties) screened during the program’s breaks—look for familiar Sterling Cooper clients including London Fog and Lucky Strike. Best of all, you are encouraged to attend in your finest vintage or retro-styled finery! Let’s turn back the clock to more stylish times and break out the sharp suits, pocket squares, and kicky frocks to make the Paley Center New York’s most fashionable location on this special occasion.
Countdown to Mad Men Trivia
Starting March 15: Follow us on Twitter @paleycenter.org for a question-a-day from the Lipp sisters Basket of Kisses blog.
Other Events in the Series
- Hey, Hey, Hey … It’s Bill Cosby
- Project Runway All Stars
- IFC’s Portlandia: A Conversation with Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein
- Remembering Master Storyteller, Jean Shepherd: With Jerry Seinfeld
- Oscar Hammerstein II—Out of My Dreams
- Cougar Town Viewing Party
- Justice League: Doom
- Meet the Filmmakers Nominated for the Academy Award, Documentary Short
- Who Do You Think You Are?
- DocuDay New York 2012
- Academy Awards Viewing Party Featuring Live Commentary by A.O. Scott & David Carr of The New York Times
- PaleyFest Community Viewing Party: Panel Live from Los Angeles with a Greendale Pep Rally from New York Comic Con
- PaleyFest Castle Viewing Party: Panel Live from Los Angeles with a Scavenger Hunt and Trivia from New York Comic Con
- A Better Life
- Twentieth Anniversary of The Big Show: Keith Olbermann and Dan Patrick Together Again
- Doctor Who: How It All Began—An Evening with Waris Hussein
- NYC 22, New Prime-Time Drama
- A Cavalcade of Coward
- An Evening with Estela Bravo: Filmmaker of Fidel: The Untold Story and Anecdotes about Fidel
- American Masters: Johnny Carson: King of Late Night
- 2012 Tony Awards Film Series
- She's Making News: Katie Couric
- Madame Butterfly: Screening and Conversation
- Mind Over Media: Are You More Powerful than Propaganda?
- She's Making News: Gayle King
- She's Making News: Maria Bartiromo
- An Evening With Christopher Plummer
- Alan Alda’s Burning Question: What Is a Flame?
- Jersey Shore Shark Attack: A Paley Center & Syfy Viewing Party
- She's Making News: Paula Zahn
- Spider-Man Week NYC: Peter Parker at the Paley Center
- Digitally Remastered Classic Doctor Who Screenings: Resurrection of the Daleks
- She's Making News: Soledad O’Brien
- Musicals on Television: An Afternoon with Sheldon Harnick
- Digitally Remastered Classic Doctor Who Screenings: Death to the Daleks
- Goodyear Television Playhouse: The Trip to Bountiful
- From Homicide to Copper: Levinson/Fontana in Conversation
- Studio One: The Traveling Lady
- Playhouse 90: Old Man
- American Playhouse: Story of a Marriage, Part 1: “Courtship"